Home PCR Swab / Serology Test
How does Home PCR Swab / Serology Tests work?
Book an appointment
Book an appointment with us below. A confirmation email will be sent to you upon successful booking. Each PCR swab test will take roughly 15 minutes. Do note that the PCR swab test is only available during weekdays.
Day of your appointment
Kindly ensure that you are at home on the chosen date and time of appointment. You will need to present your identity card, passport and flight details containing the date and time of your flight to our team when they arrive for your test.
Receive your results
Your PCR swab and/or serology test results will be emailed to you within 36 - 48 hours. If you opted for the Express PCR test, results will be sent within 6 hours. Do note that there is a possibility of delays in receiving your results. Please refer to our FAQ below for our terms and conditions.
Book an appointment
Home PCR Swab / Serology Test FAQs
1) How long will it take before I receive my results & how will my results be received?
The results of the Covid-19 test results for Covid-19 PCR swab test and serology test will be available within 24 - 36 hours of time of administration.
The results of the swab test will be emailed to you.
2) Is the Covid-19 swab test from MHC officially recognized?
The test is recognized as MHC is under the approved Covid-19 test providers. We are also approved to conduct pre-departure PCR swab test for overseas travel.
3) Am I able to get my pre departure Covid 19 PCR test before my departure if I am to travel within the next 24-48 hours?
Yes, MHC can provide for an express PCR test at an additional price of $250 and have the results within the next 6 to 8 hours.
4) Where and how is the Covid-19 swab test conducted? Are there any other ways for me to book my PCR swab test appointment?
The PCR swab test will be conducted in the comfort of your own home. The swab test will be done nasopharyngeally, while the serology test will be conducted by having your blood samples taken by a phlebotomist..
No extra blood work is needed if you have done a home health screening with us.
The appointments can be booked through our website. After a successful booking, an email confirmation will be sent to you. You will also receive a SMS/Whatsapp reminder 1 day before your swab test.
Do note that you are also able to opt for the test simultaneously with your home health screening.
5) Are there any documents for me to provide for the Covid-19 swab test?
Please prepare either your NRIC or passport. For patients who are travelling, kindly prepare your booking reference with your flight departure timing. Do check the pre-departure requirements of your trip before you book your test. More details regarding departure requirements can be found on the SafeTravel website.
6) What is the difference between Covid-19 swab test and Covid-19 Serology test?
The COVID-19 PCR swab test directly detects the presence of the COVID-19 antigen in an individual and detects active COVID-19 infections. The serology test detects the presence of antibodies that are markers of past infection. For individuals who have been infected with Covid-19 more than 0 – 14 days ago, the serology test will show up as positive.
7) What is the required testing window for the pre-departure Covid-19 PCR swab test?
For ease of reference, you should complete your PCR swab test at least 48 to 72 hours prior to your flight (whichever is the applicable requirements set out by your destination country).
Please check the pre-departure requirements of your trip before you book your test. More details about the departure requirements can be found on the SafeTravel website.
8) What if my flight time has changed?
Do note that the pre-departure COVID-19 PCR swab test should be conducted no less than 48 hours before the revised flight timing. You will have to provide us with:
• Details of the original flight AND
• Details of the revised flight timing
Please note that we reserve the right not to conduct a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR swab test should inconsistencies or irregularities be noted.
9) Why is there a need for my NRIC and passport for the Covid-19 swab test?
Verification of your physical NRIC or passport is part of our protocol. This is for ease of identification and allow us to check on your particulars.
Your local address and handphone number are necessary to facilitate contact tracing in the event that the test is positive.
10) What should I do after my Covid-19 swab test?
The COVID-19 PCR Swab Test takes 15 minutes to complete. You are advised to reduce contact with other individuals after the test so as to lessen the chance of contracting COVID before the swab test results are out.
You are advised to print Hardcopies of your results and bring it with you overseas.
You will receive 3 documents from MHC:
• Lab report in PDF format
• PDT Memo in PDF format
• For all outbound travel from Singapore, notarised COVID-19 results are required for travel.
• The Digital HealthCerts issued will be notarised automatically. No further action is required when the link to the memo and QR code is sent to you via email.
11) What if my results fail to be processed in time?
MHC works with authorized laboratory partners appointed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for pre-departure COVID-19 PCR swab tests. It is possible that delays can occur in the transport and processing of specimen as well as in conveyance of results.
For Pre-Departure: If the results cannot be processed within 3 hours of your departure due to exigencies of service on the part of MHC and/or our laboratory partners, we will refund the full cost of the test.
MHC and/or the partner laboratories shall or will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities (including, without limitation, any direct or indirect damages for costs, loss of income, revenue or profits, business interruption) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of our test services.
12) What should I do if I need additional memos apart from the standard Pre-departure Covid-19 swab test results?
MHC will only provide the standardised pre-departure COVID-19 PCR swab test results memo as guided by the Ministry of Health (MOH).
13) What should I do in the event the test results are positive or inconclusive?
If the COVID-19 PCR swab test result is positive, we will not issue a memo for fitness to travel. We will contact you to make arrangements so that you may self-isolate at home or be conveyed to the nearest quarantine facility.
COVID-19 PCR swab test results may return as inconclusive. A repeated test may be conducted and is chargeable.
Should this result affect your flight departure, MHC and/or the appointed laboratories vendor(s) shall not be held responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities.
14) Will I be allowed to change my appointment date and time of the home based Covid-19 swab test?
Yes, you may change your appointment date and time 2 days before your appointed time.
Kindly contact us via Whatsapp for any urgent change in appointment.
15) If I have been vaccinated in Singapore, would I still require a Covid-19 swab test to leave the country?
This would depend on the authorities of the destination country. You may still be required to take a COVID-19 PCR swab test before departure or on arrival. Do check the entry requirements for the destination country.